I sure do love a good face mask. It’s relaxing and it’s good for my skin – pretty much the definition of self care! I use this one 2-3 times a week to help clear my skin and reduce pore size and I love it, but I’ve also been looking to try a few recipes to make my own. Here are a few to try!
- Honey + Coconut Oil (for glowing skin)
Mix 2 T of honey with 2 T of coconut oil (melted). Apply to face – it will be messy! – and let sit for 15 minutes. Rinse mask off and pat skin dry for a dewy, glowy boost.
2. Baking Soda + Coconut Oil (to cleanse and exfoliate skin)
Mix one half cup baking soda with one half cup coconut oil. Mix together until a paste is formed, then apply to skin for five minutes. Rinse off with warm water.
3. Greek Yogurt + Honey (to cleanse and moisturize)
Mix a few tablespoons of organic, full-fat greek yogurt (I get this at Costco!) with 1-2 teaspoons of honey. You can also add in a squeeze of lemon juice to help brighten skin. Apply mask to face for up to twenty minutes, then wash off with warm water.
4. Plain Yogurt + Berries (for antioxidant and anti-aging properties) (P.S. this is also known as a parfait, ha!)
Place 1/4 organic mixed berries in a blender with 2 tablespoons of plain organic yogurt. Blend until smooth. Apply to face for 15-20 minutes and rinse off with warm water.
5. Coffee + Milk + Honey + Lemon Juice (to exfoliate skin and reduce redness and inflammation)
Mix together one cup organic whole milk, one half cup ground coffee, 1 tablespoon of honey and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice. Gently apply to face by rubbing in a circular motion to scrub off dead skin. Leave on for twenty minutes, then rinse off with warm water.