At first I was going to use this post as a reason (excuse) to do some online window shopping and share a few things that I liked, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought how much I already have that I like. By this point, if you’ve read my blog previously, you probably already know that I’m not the type of style blogger who has a new outfit (or outfits) to share every post (or even daily, as some do!). I love shopping but at the same time, I also like making do with what I have. And even when I do shop it’s not all the time and I don’t go crazy – I’m trying not to fall into the trap that is materialism. So today I’m just sharing a few things that I already own, most of which are not new, and all of which I’ve appreciated in one way or another this past week.
1) Kate Spade Travel Mug. It holds just the right amount of coffee and keeps my coffee hot long enough for me to drink it but not long enough that I have to wait for it to cool down.
2) Lilly Pulitzer for Target clutch. It’s the perfect size to keep in my larger purse for things like makeup, gum, etc. I use it daily.
3) Basil Leaf Candle. Not only does it smell so fresh and full of spring, it’s also in a pretty container.
4) Waistline darts. This might seem odd to you, but as a seamstress I appreciate quality construction and clothing that fits well – and darts help with that.
5) New sandals. My mom found these for me, and not only are they cute but they also fit me just right.
6) New fabric. I really like both the pattern and the bright turquoise on this fabric and can’t wait to make something with it – I’m thinking it’s going to become a pillow.