As I write this today it’s 32 degrees outside and we have snow on the ground. But February is almost over and with March comes spring! Stores are already filled with new spring and summer styles (which also makes it a great time to find deals on winter clothing). Having grown up in the midwest, I know that even when it’s spring it can still be chilly or even cold. Because of this, today I decided to do some online browsing and see what long sleeved spring styles were out there so you can be dressed for the season without being freezing. Here’s what I found:
Bell Sleeve Fit & Flare Dress
Lace Shift Dress
Lace Shift Dress (very similar)
Dot Mesh Bodice Fit & Flare Dress
Print Jersey A-Line Dress
Lace & Faille Dress
Jasmine Embroidered Dress
Polka Dot Bell Sleeve Dress
Floral Maxi Dress
P.S. – did you check out my new etsy store yet??!! It’s here.
- I don’t have 100,000 followers. Or 1,000, for that matter.
- I don’t always keep my nails polished (like right now..)
- I wear gym clothes about as often as I wear regular clothes
- If I had to choose between the gym or the mall, I’d choose the gym
- I rarely ever, almost never, wear high heels
- I don’t always wear makeup and when I do, it’s not much
- I still own and wear some clothes from high school
- I haven’t bought any form of clothing or accessories yet this year*
- I’ve never actually browsed Pinterest
- I don’t do much online shopping
- I’m not registered with Like to Know it (see my https://creativityandcouture.wordpress.com/2016/01/29/like-to-know-it/ post)
- I don’t have a photographer
- I honestly believe that “Less is More”
- I’m better about watching Colts games online than I am about watching runway shows online
- I don’t have expensive taste
*Some clothing has been bought for me in 2016
However, even with all of those exceptions and as fun as this was, one thing is true: I love fashion. It’s part of who I am and where my passion truly lies, I just believe that I express it differently than most fashion bloggers do.
One last thing: today is a great day! I decided to open an Etsy shop and it is now live. I’ll officially announce it next week but I wanted my readers to be the first to know! Currently it has a small variety of handmade items, and my plan is to add more as time goes on. Go check out Creativity and Couture’s Etsy Shop!
As promised, here is the second part of my short series on layering. It’s been bitter cold here this past week (and still is)- the perfect time to practice layering! I mixed and matched some of the same items as last week, and I also had fun playing around with Valentine’s Day outfit ideas, since it’s just around the corner! I don’t love this time of year but I do love Valentine’s Day.
Side note – the last outfit is still layered although it’s not easily visible – the sweater is worn over a dress.
This time of year I’m usually looking for something warm to wear.. and this year specifically I am trying to challenge myself to not wear a sweater each day of the week, as is usually my habit. This doesn’t mean that there’s anything wrong with sweaters (they’re so warm and cozy and there’s a million different styles available!). This doesn’t mean either that I’ve stopped wearing them completely (as shown below). What this does mean is that I’ve been attempting to wear more layers, adding both style and practicality to my outfits in addition to giving my own unique twist to some of my favorite staple pieces.
This week as well as next week I’ll be sharing some layered outfits I’ve put together recently. It’s been fun to find myself looking at my wardrobe in a whole new way as I mix and match colors and prints, without compromising warmth – and if you know me you know how important that is to me during winter. Stay tuned for more layered looks next week!